The Presbyterian Women (PW) is an organization of women in the Presbyterian Church (USA). Each church may elect to have its own chapter. Ours is very active in the life of our church. Some of the things the PW do are:
- Organize meals for church members who have had surgery or who have lost a family member.
- Make lap blankets for our home bound church members.
- Contribute time, talent, and treasures to our own local ministry, Fayette Cares.
- Raise money for local and worldwide causes such as:
- Pinecrest Conference and Retreat Center in LaGrange, TN
- Books for seminarians at Louisville Seminary in Louisville, KY
- Student funding for the Friendship Circle at Columbia Theology Seminary in Atlanta, GA
- Housing renovation for Mexican immigrant women at LaMujer Obrera, Centro Mayapan in El Paso, TX
- Children’s Home for Orphans in the Ukraine
The PW at First Presbyterian Church has a Day Circle and a Night Circle to best meet the needs of our members. The Day circle meets at 10:30 a.m. on the second Monday of each month. The Night Circle meets at 7:00 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month. Both Day and Night Circles have study groups and meet from September to May.