First Presbyterian Church is involved in several ministries which benefit the local and global communities:
- Fayette Cares: A local non-profit organization which provides help for those in need. Church members volunteer their time, talent, and treasures to its programs:
- Adopt-a-Family from Hope’s Cottage
- Christmas Basket
- Food Bank
- Homeless Count
- Adopt-a-Highway: Care for Highway 64 by picking up litter from mile marker 13 through 15 four times a year.
- Souper Bowl of Caring: Youth led effort to collect money and food on Super Bowl Sunday for the hungry in the local community.
- One Great Hour of Sharing: An offering at Easter to help with disaster relief, refugee assistance and community development all over the world.
- Christmas Joy Offering: An offering the Sunday before Christmas that is distributed equally between the Board of Pensions for retired and active church workers and Presbyterian-related racial and ethnic education through the General Assembly Council.